It is important to consider the citation statistics from previous years so you can have insight to plan and protect your organization for 2021 and beyond. Our team of experts has over 50 years of experience assisting clients with regulation compliance and agency correspondence.
Contact us to set up a consultation!
The Top 10 citations were revealed during a webinar with Safety + Health magazine, where Patrick Kapust, deputy director of OSHA’s Directorate of Enforcement Programs, presented the preliminary data.
The Top 10 for FY 2020 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,424 violations (most cited violation)
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 3,199 violations
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,649 violations
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 2,538 violations
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,129 violations
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 2,065 violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,932 violations
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,621 violations (NOTABLE!)****
- Personal Protective and Life Saving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,369 violations
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,313 violations
Fall Protection – General Requirements is OSHA’s most frequently cited standard for the 10th straight fiscal year. Also, it could be said that COVID-19 actually affected the number of violations reported due to a reduced work force during the pandemic.
Click the link(s) to see the regulations:
Hazard Communication: https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.1200
Respiratory Protection: https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.134
Powered Industrial Trucks: https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.178
Machine Guarding: https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.212
Safety + Health Magazine